Friday, October 31, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
With their instructor who was about to bust he was so proud.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Since I told you what I hate, how about if I tell you what I like?
I like all the videos that are posted in other people's blogs, many of which have me rolling with laughter and others that make me say, "Aww, I remember that!"
So thanks to everyone who posts videos and I'll get over the music players. I just turn off my speakers.
*I know this is not a word!
Monday, October 13, 2008
I'm not really sure, but this is what I found on sale at the grocery store this week.
Not much going on in the vegetable crisper except 1/2 a bag of salad, a cucumber and a tomato.
Plenty of rice and couscous on hand.
The freezer yielded some green peas, frozen broccoli and a Crockpot Dinner I bought a long time ago.
It looks like I'll be going back for fresh produce (which is fine, really, because I'm also out of Chardonnay!)
Friday Ana and I are headed to Utah for her black belt test so the boys will YOYO* all weekend.
*You're on your own
Saturday, October 11, 2008
I hate those music players people put on their sidebars. Being the multi-tasker that I am, I open blogs in multiple windows. I can't listen to videos that are posted until I track down the music and silence it!!
I'm done now.
Posted by Karen at 9:09 AM
Friday, October 10, 2008
Stolen from Life in Oregon.
- A is for age: 42
- B is for beer of choice: Hefeweizen (with the slice of lemon)
- C is for career right now: homemaker
- D is for your dog's name: Gizmo
- E is for essential item you use everyday: car
- F is for favorite TV show: The Amazing Race
- G is for favorite game to watch: baseball (in person)
- H is for Home town: Henderson, Nevada
- I is for instruments you play: piano
- J is for favorite juice: V-8 Spicy
- K is for whose butt you'd like to be kicking: the list is long but illustrious
- L is for last place you ate: at my desk
- M is for marriage: yes, it is
- N is for your name: Karen Michele Temple Crittenden
- O is for overnight hospital stay: never been in the hospital
- P is for people you were with today: so far just Mike, Ana & Sam
- Q is for what's your best quality: I let people be who they are
- R is for what are you currently reading: The Lost Constitution by William Martin
- S is for relationship status: married
- T is for time you woke up today: 0530
- U is for the type of underwear you have on: don't you wish you knew
- V is for vegetable you love: winter squash
- W is for worst habits: chastising other drivers (I know they can't hear me.)
- X is for x-rays you've had recently: teeth
- Y is for something candy: Good N Plenty, or the fancy french nougat from the wine store
- Z is for zodiac sign: Cancer
Thursday, October 09, 2008
used to be another man's community service work...until this happened.
This week I've spotted:
- one ladder (smashed and twisted)
- one bar stool
- two intact Pepsi cans (not together)
- one gas can
- one cardboard box (contents undetermined)
- the contents of a suitcase (spotted on the off ramp to the airport) but no suitcase
- one flat panel TV still in the box (with a man in a pickup truck carrying the other boxes backing up on the shoulder to retrieve it!)
- one orange construction vest
- Shh...one brown mammal of indeterminate species sleeping in the center lane
- four hubcaps
- one tire iron
- one red tie down strap (might have come in handy for the TV guy)
The debris doesn't change that much from day to day. I did notice several items have been removed from the roadside.
I didn't bother to list all of the "everyday" trash that is out there, and there is plenty of it.
Monday, October 06, 2008
Beats the heck out of me!! Nobody eats it anyway so they can just eat all the leftovers this week.
Think of the money I'll save on groceries.