I think I'm about 5 years late with this meme, but here it is.
1. I'm a 2nd degree black belt in Chun Kuk Do.
2. I'm a mom to two children.
3. Sometimes it makes me sad that I didn't give birth to my children.
4. I sing in my car and I don't care if people think I'm crazy.
5. I doubt my ability to get a 3rd degree black belt.
6. I seriously doubt my ability to get a 4th degree black belt.
7. I don't regret not going to college.
8. I regret not taking a boat ride in Brugges, Belgium.
9. I played soccer in Europe as a teenager.
10. I live in Las Vegas and find gambling boring.
11. My high school guidance counselor said I should be a pediatrician, but I don't like other people's children.
12. I read Reader's Digest from cover to cover every month.
13. I can use chopsticks.
14. I don't particularly like rice.
15. I've worn glasses (or contacts) since I was seven-years-old.
16. I'm a good speller but I have trouble with unfortunately and always put the 'e' in the wrong spot.
17. The only time in my life I thought I might actually die was when an elevator I was in dropped three floors.
18. I got off the dropping elevator while the other 13 passengers stayed on and rode to the 11th floor.
19. I didn't know I could run up 8 flights of stairs in flip flops as fast as an elevator can travel.
20. I was on jury duty. They sent me home when I told the judge, "I wouldn't want me as a juror."
21. I once served as a juror in an aggravated murder trial.
22. I had no problem finding the defendant guilty and sentencing him to life without parole.
23. I saw the movie Gremlins on my first date with the man who is now my husband.
24. My dog is named Gizmo after the cute little guy in Gremlins.
25. My grandparents died when I was 3, 13, and 23.
26. I hate Dr. Pepper.
27. I took piano lessons in high school. I was good, but too lazy to practice.
28. I'm afraid of falling, but not heights.
29. I don't have any tattoos and plan to never have tattoos.
30. My only piercings are one in each ear.
31. I don't wear earrings because my ears always turn red and burn when I do.
32. I've been to Maui three times.
33. I bought my first house in 1990 for $43,900.
34. I sold it in 1996 for $83,400.
35. I don't like chocolate cake.
36. I love brownies.
37. Cleaning toilets (my own) doesn't bother me at all.
38. I hate to mop.
39. I used to be a sympathetic puker.
40. I never can solve a Sudoku puzzle, but once in a while, I still try.
41. I don't like to swim.
42. I've lived in the desert for 10 years and only seen one scorpion.
43. Thankfully, it was dead.
44. It was on my kitchen floor.
45. I've been in three car wrecks, including one fatality.
46. I don't like toasted sandwiches.
47. I used to be able to knit, but now I can't cast on.
48. I no longer want a Coach purse since I see so many women at Wal*Mart carrying them.
49. I have a cell phone but I usually don't answer it.
50. I've never watched a NASCAR race.
51. I've broken three bones.
52. I think parents who let their children on MySpace are putting them in harm's way.
53. I teach karate on a volunteer basis.
54. I don't try to learn the names of the students until they have a yellow belt.
55. I hate cold weather.
56. When the temperature finally reaches 100 degrees, I'm glad.
57. I would rather have peace than be right.
58. I hate it when people use 'then' when they mean 'than'.
59. Same for their, there and they're and could of instead of could have.
60. Funerals are a waste of money.
61. The only "rock" concert I've attended was Huey Lewis and The News.
62. The first week I lived in Nevada, the temperature was 124 degrees.
63. Six months later, pipes froze because the temperature dropped to 17 degrees.
64. I went to New York City once, to a business class, and stayed less than 24 hours.
65. I'd like to go to New York City and stay for more than 24 hours.
66. I've wanted a cabin in Vermont since I was 9 years old.
67. I no longer want a cabin in Vermont.
68. I was a cheerleader in the 6th grade.
69. My first car was a 1966 Volkswagen Bug purchased by my oldest brother and handed down through all the siblings.
70. I always liked that the car and I were the same age.
71. I totalled it in a rollover accident when I was a senior in high school.
72. The Amazing Race is my favorite TV show.
73. I imagine I could do all the tasks, but I really have too many physical limitations.
74. I sometimes feel vibrations in my limbs and think it might be my cell phone, even though it's in the other room.
75. I'm perplexed as to why I feel vibrations in my limbs.
76. I can drive a stick shift.
77. A friend once said to me, "I think God sent you these children." and I believe her.
78. I've recently discovered I like spending money on frivolous things for myself.
79. After a recent trip to Maui, I bought my first bottle of perfume. Fleur du Matin by Miller Harris. It cost more than $100.
80. If my husband knew about #79, he'd have a fit.
81. My husband never reads my blog.
82. When I die, I hope my children will say two things. "Thanks for all you did for others." and "Madre would have hated this funeral-type stuff. Let's get to the food part!"
83. My teenage daughter calls me 'Madre'.
84. Neither of us speak Spanish. We both speak some French.
85. My job is secret shopper.
86. I've come to expect a high level of customer service.
87. I'm annoyed when I don't get it.
88. My parents have been married for almost 54 years.
89. My husbands' parents have been married for almost 50 years.
90. I've been married for more than half my life: 22 years in September.
91. I prefer crunchy peanut butter, but the rest of the household likes creamy, so that's what we eat.
92. I rescued a girl kitten from a shelter and took her to my vet because she was sneezing. Turns out it was a boy, so I changed his name from Minuet to Magic on the spot.
93. All of my pets have been rescued.
94. I like Taco Bell.
95. Before I had children, I wanted four girls so I could name them Anastasia, Evangeline, Isabella and Olivia. All the names start with vowels, have four syllables and can be shortened to three letters each; Ana, eve, Isa and Liv.
96. After I had one daughter, I didn't want anymore.
97. I always thought I'd drive a minivan so everyone could have a window seat.
98. I drove a minivan because the car seat wouldn't fit in my other car.
99. I hate being in the ocean.
100. I like very dry Martinis.
Friday, June 27, 2008
I think I'm about 5 years late with this meme, but here it is.
Posted by Karen at 12:54 PM